Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Hair Got Christmas Presents!

It’s almost Christmas!!!

So, I’m so glad that my husband decided to go out and do some Christmas shopping today. My oldest son (the 3 year old) will not just be opening up clothes on Christmas so I’m sure he’ll be happy about that! My youngest (the 5 month old) will probably just try to eat the wrapping paper and bows so he was going to be fine anyways.

Guess what! My hair got some presents today-courtesy of my friend (and one of my natural hair inspirations) and fellow blogger, Lawanda! She gave several of her blog readers presents for our hair this holiday season, which was a very thoughtful and unique idea! I like how she reused the baby food jar containers to give us her whipped Shea butter mixture. She also gave me a little spray bottle that has Aloe Vera and some oils in it.

Moment for Education: With natural hair (and all hair, really), it’s important to not only moisturize your hair, but to lock in the moisture. Shea butter is a great moisturizer for hair (and skin too). After applying moisture, use oils on the ends of your hair to seal in that moisture.

In my opinion, it’s best to use whipped Shea butter mixtures on wet/damp hair because it really moisturizes your hair that way, but it can be used on dry hair as well. Whenever I apply moisture, I always seal my ends! I can’t wait to get a chance to try out these gifts on my hair!

My challenge for today is to think about your hair regime. Does it need tweaking? Do you need to pay more attention to your ends? Do you condition and moisturize enough? If you think your regime could be improved, then do it! There’s so much information available on this blog and many others so there’s no excuse. Healthy hair is happy hair and happy hair will treat you right….most of the time! Be blessed!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I need to not only moisturize but I need to seal the ends cuz I was doing that for a while but I've fallen off. This blog is BEAUtiful Val! I'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete