Friday, December 16, 2011

Not a Fail, but Not Quite Success

Good mer'ning!!! (In my elderly Alabama voice...lol)

I going to do this post completely from my Blogger app so excuse any mistakes. I will probably fix them later from my PC...maybe. On yesterday, I picked up some flexi-rods from one of local beauty supply stores. I probably paid much more for them than I needed to ($3.99/pack), but I did it on my lunch break and the BSS wasn't far from my job so that's why I went there.

I have been studying many YouTube videos for many months and I finally decided it was time to try (and probably fail) at a flexi-rod set on my natural hair. I used the gray and orange colored flexi-rods. I'm not exactly sure of the size, but I believe the orange ones are 5/8 of an inch. The products I used were some wrap and set foam made by Bonner Brothers. I have had it for what seems like light years, so I decided to use it before just throwing it out. I also used a little bit of Shea Moisture Smoothie.

I started at the back and applied a little of each product to the section. (I had a total of 22 sections when I was done). I tried to roll them in the same direction. After I was done. I set under a dryer I sat there for about 30 minutes, got bored (and hot), and then went to bed. I got up  early and sat under the dryer for about an hour this morning. Well, the ones in the back were ok...but the ones in the front were definitely better. I pinned my hair up in the back, played around with the front to make it presentable and ran out of the house with my husband to get the kids to school and us to work.

I learned some things so my so-so flexi-rod set has not discouraged me. I'm probably going to try it again Saturday. This time, I will not apply as much product. I will probably have to do smaller sections (which I didn't want to do because I don't like to spend lots of time on my hair. That's why my staples styles are like 10 minute styles or a wash and go or puff.) Also, I'm going to stay under the dryer for at least an hour and a half. Now, sleeping in the rods wasn't too bad, but I'm going to start early in the day so that my hair will be dry and I will not have to.

I will keep you guys posted! My challenge for today is to think before you speak. I'm going to be doing this as well. It's so simple, but I notice that many don't gave a filter and they will just say anything. Saying whatever we want, whenever we want is not always appropriate or necessary. Be blessed!


2 comments:

  1. @MissLiz---thanks! I tried it again and I like how it turned out this time much better!

    ReplyDelete