Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Easy Twist Out Style

Good morning!!!

So, I can’t believe that Christmas is in 4 days and I’ve only bought a couple of things for my boys! And you know what, I’m really not tripping about it. My boys are young (5 months and 3 years old) so they are not really caught up in the material side of Christmas and I don’t want them to be in the future. As for my husband and I, both of our birthdays are soon so we are more into celebrating them than going all out on Christmas. We both feel like the new house we bought at the end of September was an early Christmas gift; this year and every year, we really try to focus on celebrating our Savior on Christmas Day!

Okay, so I’m checking in to let you guys know that I did a twist out today! I put my hair in some Ms. Celie twists on Monday night. I did them on dry hair, but I did apply a little bit of water with my spray bottle and of course some Shea Moisture Smoothie. I did about 12 large twists while watching “The Wayans Brothers” re-runs with my Hubby. I slept in them Monday night and wore a beret Tuesday so that I could keep them in all day. I woke up this morning and took them out. My twist outs never look exactly how I want them to, but I’m going to wear it today and I’ll probably put it in a bun tonight or tomorrow. I’ve never been the type to wear my hair down because I don’t like my ends rubbing against my clothes or getting in my way. Plus, buns and updo styles just look so cute on me!

My challenge for today is to not to get caught up in the materialism of Christmas. It is okay to have fun and buy gifts, but don't forget Jesus! Be blessed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment