Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hair Warfare: Detailed Battle Plan

Hey Everyone!


Well, I received a lot of feedback, especially on Facebook, about the article I posted on yesterday that showed how I am growing my edges back about severe postpartum hair shedding. That article quickly became one of the most-viewed posts on my blog and it has been up a little over a day so it must have "struck a chord" with some of you out there and I'm glad it did.


****DISCLAIMER: AS I STATED IN THE OTHER ARTICLE, I AM NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR. THESE ARE MY EXPERIENCES WITH THESE PRODUCTS. I AM NOT OFFERING ANY TYPE OF MEDICAL ADVICE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE ADDING ANY SUPPLEMENTS TO YOUR DIET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THESE ITEMS, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.****


Okay, so the pictures are of the products I am currently using in my battle for the edges. I bought the products from my local Wal-Mart. The cost of both were probably around $10 USD. The MSM is in pill form (it can be purchased in powder form as well) and I started off by taking just 1 pill daily. I had worked myself up to 5 pills daily, but I think that was too much for my system. (My monthly cycles are by the book...very regular. When I increased the MSM to 5000 mg per day, I noticed that my cycle was thrown off. This problem was solved after I decreased my dosage.) I've seem to have found a good balance in taking 3000 mg per day (3 pills). 

I use the Castor Oil daily. In the morning, I pour a dime-size amount into my hand and apply it with my fingers to my edges in the front. I like the Castor oil because it actually helps to lay my edges down so I really haven't been using much gel on my edges since I incorporated the Castor Oil into
my regime. At night, I apply the Castor Oil in the same manner before putting on my satin scarf or bonnet. Folks, a little bit of Castor Oil goes a long way so if you decide to get some, don't be heavy-handed.

For my eyelashes, I apply the Castor Oil every other day before going to bed. I thoroughly wash my hands and then I apply just a dab of the Castor Oil to my index finger. I gently rub the Castor Oil along the base of my lash line on both the top and bottom lashes. I repeat the previous steps on my other eye. You don't want to use too much because you don't want to get the Castor Oil into your eyes.  I only apply Castor Oil to my eyebrows if I get a little too zealous with plucking them.

Now, my husband started using the Castor Oil on his face because he's trying to grow in his beard evenly. If I can get him to take some pictures, I will show you the difference in his facial hair. He's been using it about a month and that little line of hair that runs from a man's bottom lip to his chin has grown! That area is normally kind of sparse on him so he has been able to see a change in the thickness of his facial hair.

Now, healthy hair starts from within so along with these products, I drink water and try to maintain a balanced diet. I also take a multi-vitamin and sometimes I take biotin. I take the biotin a few times a week. I don't take it more because too much biotin makes me experiences break outs on my face. I also make sure I style my hair in ways that don't put too much stress on my hairline-no tight ponytails or braids or tight headbands. 

From my experiences, I do believe the MSM and Castor Oil are helping me in thickening my hair edges and minimizing shedding. I'm going to continue to use these products to get my edges back to the way they were pre-pregnancy and I will probably make these items staple products in my hair regime!

My challenge for you today is think about your health-physical, mental, and spiritual. What are some things you can do to improve all aspects of your health? Now, turn those thoughts in action! Add some exercise to your daily activities. Cut out some thing that are causing you unnecessary stress. Take some time to mediate on God's Word or to talk with Him. Do something to improve your well-being! You will thank yourself one day! Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! thanks for the advice, I'm going to try it and let you know how it goes! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eranica.....You're welcome! Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete