Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Puff: The Difference in a Year!

***Yawning*** Good morning....

If I were talking, my voice would sound like a groggy whisper. I've been up since about 3:45 AM with my Ty Ty. It's just part of being a mother to a 4 month old...

Anyhoo, this post will not be long. I just wanted to post a couple pictures to show how my puff has grown in a year's time. Now, I did give myself a mini hair cut (About 1 1/2 inches) about 2 months ago so keep that in mind.


The first picture is from November 2010. You probably recognize it from the home page of my blog.



 The second picture was taken last week so it is from November 2011.


Now, how do I get growth? I can't say I do protective styles all the time, BUT I do keep my hands out of my hair and I try not to overmanipulate hair, even when it is in my staple style---the puff. Over the last year, I alternated from my Freetress Creta Girl half-wig to puffs to WnGs to buns. Occasionally, I would do some two-strand twists or bantu knots. My hair is always moisturized! I really think that played a huge part in te growth I saw in this last year.

This year, I plan to try more twist styles and try to do protective styling a little bit more because it does help with retaining length. I just don't think I will ever be the type to wear protective styles all the time because I want to enjoy my hair and having it tucked away all the time just doesn't fly with me. My hair is a decent length and of course, I wouldn't mind it growing out more, but obtaining length isn't the only part of my hair journey.

My challenge for you today is to make sure you love yourself. I keep being bombarded by blatant cases of self-loathing, especially when it comes to accepting one's hair. It makes me sad to see that some people really don't like themselves, epecially because of their hair texture. I don't care what anyone says, you have to love yourself so that you can love others. God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Great growth! I can't wait to see where I will be in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brick House Project...thanks! I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised like I was! Make sure you take some pictures because it's nice to be able to visually see the growth. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LatinaR/NaturalhairLatina...thank you! FYI: The winners for the latest giveaway have been announced and you are one of them! Please contact me with your address so I can get them in the mail to you!

    ReplyDelete